To join the 19th Camberwell group, there is a simple process.
- Identify the appropriate section (Cubs, Scouts, or Venturers)
- Contact the group via an existing scout family, section leader, to “try out” scouting.
- Visit a section night, a parent/guardian must complete a Visitors form to provide contact details and details of any special needs directly to the section leader on arrival.
- At the end of the night, discuss joining with the section leader.
- Then receive an online application form via email from Scouts Victoria. Complete online.
- The Group Leader or Section leader will provide information about scouting, family obligations, fees etc.
- Purchase a scout shirt from The Scout Shop, suitable for the section (Cubs Yellow shoulders, Scouts Green, Venturers burgundy)
- Participate in the investiture ceremony where you are presented with a group scarf and membership badges
Each section has their own investiture procedure which may require some reading and participation in additional activities. You do not need a uniform until investiture.