Our hall is available to hire subject to our conditions of use. The hall may be hired as a one off, or as a regular hire.
The hall is well located, backing onto South Surrey park, it comprises an upper and lower hall space. The upper space is a large, open timber floored area which is unheated except for an open fire. The lower hall comprises a smaller heated room, suitable for meetings and events which require access to the park. The hall has basic but functional toilets and kitchen as well as plenty of tables and chairs. Being an older scout hall, people should have realistic expectations of condition and cleanliness. The upper hall has memorabilia hanging from the walls which we need people to respect. Memorabilia cannot be removed when hiring hall.
Please be aware that hall hire on a Sunday afternoon/evening, Monday or Tuesday is at risk due to the occasional need after a wet camp to dry tents in the upper hall. Cub, Scout and Venturer section needs will always take priority over hall hire. The group cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of anything left unattended at the hall.
To hire the hall, the process is fairly straightforward:
- Check the calendar to ensure hall is not already being used
- Note hall hire conditions (mandated by Scouts Victoria)
- Contact Scott, our hall hire co-ordinator, to verify hall use will be OK
- Provide payment and security deposit (by arrangement with Jenny)
- Jenny will provide filled out agreement to sign prior to picking up key.
Hall hire rates are:
- Commercial: $80 3 Hours Included, $25 Per hour over 3 hours
- Non-Commercial: $60 4hours included, $10 per hour over 4 hours
- Group families $10ph
- Group families heavily involved (eg Committee, Leaders) $nil
Group policies for hall hire include:
- No 18th or 21st birthday parties (unless a group family) or noisy events which affect neighbour’s ammenity
- No alcohol, without group’s written permission
- Group takes no responsibility for security of belongings left at the hall
- Hirer to respect and not remove scouting memorabilia and items left around hall
- Hirer is responsible for any damage caused (note a modest bond is required)
- Hirer to leave hall in the condition and layout they found it in
- Joeys, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers will always have priority of hall use